Paula Providence from Centrica will present Centrica's Experience on Licensing.
Ian Machin from SAP wil give an SAP session. Full title and synposis to be confirmed.
Telma Rafael and Brian Skiba from Snow Software will present Optimising your SAP Investment. Software Asset Management practitioners inside enterprises and SAP administrators need to understand the differences in licensing and challenges of managing SAP assets to achieve a successful outcome.
Managing through visibility is essential. The use of software tools specifically designed for the SAP environment, such as Snow Optimizer from Snow Software for discovery, metering, compliance, optimisation and licence retirement/recycling allow customers to gain the visibility and control they need.
A successful Software Asset Management implementation offers a number of outstanding benefits:
- Accurate inventory. Through discovery and metering, SAM provides an accurate assessment of the software inventory pool. Discovery detects the actual licenses provisioned and forms a SAM baseline, while metering monitors the actual patterns of usage for licences.
- Lower costs. SAM helps reduce enterprise software procurement costs by maintaining an accurate inventory and assessment of requirements, which also provides greater leverage in contract negotiations and more intelligent purchasing of what is actually needed.
- Improved compliance. SAM helps limit and eliminate the legal risks of improper software usage and assures compliance with indirect access requirements.
- Enhanced governance and risk management. SAM enables an enterprise to determine what software is actually running—a critical part of security, data integrity and privacy risk assessment.
- Proper retirement and recycling of assets. By managing software assets throughout their life cycle—including license retirement when an employee leaves and recycling of licenses for re-use—enterprises can realize a better return on their investment
For a brief description of this SIG, please view our SIGs page.
Would you like more information on how to get involved in this SIG?
Please contact Adam on email@example.com
Event has expired