Although bookings for this event are closed, if you would like to attend, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The day will run from 9.30am and finish with an optional drinks reception from 5pm-6pm.
Waldamer Adams, from SAP and Timo Elliott, VP, Global Innovation Evangelist at SAP will present How Analytics Innovation is Driving Business Transformation. Analytics is no longer only about better insights -- it’s now the foundation for digital transformation and innovation. We’ll explore how organisations are integrating the latest technologies such as Big Data, the Internet of Things, and Cloud Analytics with their existing information infrastructures. This session will be illustrated with concrete success stories of how companies like yours are turning data new customer experiences, new business models, and new ways of creating business value.
Matt Potts from Agility Works will present The changing face of analytics in the era of digital transformation.
All businesses are embracing the era of digital transformation, yet many still run businesses on analogue BI (manual, printed reports and packs). This session will focus on the new era of digital BI. Agility Works will look at how this drives a new set of business outcomes including that of true information agility and transparency from shop floor to boardroom as well as touching on how the latest SAP technology such as HANA, Predictive Analytics and BusinessObjects Cloud can be used to enable digital transformation. Finally you will gain some insights into the expected challenges and next steps you can take on your digital transformation journey.
- Business Intelligence
- Data Visualisation & Reporting
- BIG DATA
Within the four streams we will run the following sessions:
- Chris Newdick from SAP will be presenting Cloud for Analytics & the Digital Boardroom. This session will take you through the significant developments in SAP Analytics – Cloud for Analytics & the Digital Boardroom, an All-in-One Analytical, Communication & Decision making tool. The session will finish with Live demos of the solutions.
- Building Dashboards in WEBi – Can it work? Hear John Turnbull & Sukh Singh at National Grid present this session. Tool selection in BOBJ 4.1 can lead to uncertainty and the general consensus is that there are better tools out there for building dashboards than Web Intelligence. In this session we will show that using WEBi it is possible to build an informative, good looking and more importantly, ‘actionable’ dashboard that really can add value to the business.
- Sukh Singh, National Grid & Matt Potts, AgilityWorks will present Pack to Pad, Redefining financial insight at National Grid with SAP Analytics
- Dean Farrow from SAP will present Trusted Data with SAP Business Intelligence and Data Visualisation. Learn how SAP Business Intelligence and Data Visualisation tools enable trusted analytics.
- Steve Earley from London School of Economics is presenting Documenting BusinessObjects development at LSE. This presentation will look at how the Webi Documenter and IDT Documenter tools work in practice, including a demonstration. There will also be an overview of how BusinessObjects 4.1 is being implemented at LSE.
- Duncan Hicks from Bombardier Transport will speak about their journey from Excel to BO. Duncan will discuss Details of their reporting journey from an Excel based material budget report, through using Lotus Notes, SAP BW, SAP BEx Excel Spreadsheets to WEBI reports.
- Frederic Millet from SAP will present Product Expert Web Intelligence / Semantic Layer. Set analysis with Web Intelligence and Information Design Tool.
- Chris Newdick from SAP will be speaking about BPC optimised for S4 HANA - real time planning and consolidation. This session will take you through the significant developments in SAP BPC by explaining and demonstrating real time planning and consolidation on ERP data.
- Timo Elliott from SAP will present The role of Hadoop in modern IT architectures.
- Chris Kernaghan from Bluefin Solutions will speak about Deploying Big Data solutions for data science quickly and effectively. During this session, Bluefin will show how they have deployed Big data solutions on various Cloud platforms using concepts like Infrastructure as Code, Git for script control. As well as discussing why platforms for data science have different requirements to reporting platforms.
- Dean Farrow from SAP will present Predictive Analytics - why is SAP Predictive Analytics different?. Learn how how SAP Predictive Analytics is different to other predictive modelling tools, in the areas of accessing data, improving the accuracy of models and in the agility in which business users can create predictive models.
- Ron Baldwin from National Air Traffic Services & Shin Sawhney from Capgemini will present Next Generation SAP BPC. Learn how NATS implemented the next generation SAP BPC solution to address some key business challenges. The implementation is based on the SAP BPC 10.1 Embedded Model running on a SAP BW on HANA platform.
- Sarah Baskerville from Department of Transport and itelligence will present SAP BPC in the real world and the case for Application Management Services. During this session you will hear about how and why the Department for Transport chose SAP Business Planning & Consolidation (SAP BPC) for their mission critical MI reporting and subsequently about the business case for an application management services provider for SAP BPC.
- Julien Drouvin from GB & SMITH wil present Governance, Risk and Compliance within SAP BusinessObjects
At the symposium you will have the opportunity to network with the following exhibitors:
- Agility Works
- Bluefin Solutions
- GB & SMITH
If you would like to LEARN and NETWORK with other SAP customers and experts alike, ensuring you make new connections, benefiting both you and your organisation you need to attend this symposium.
If you are planning on traveling to this event by train, we are pleased to offer 25% discount with Virgin trains. Click here for more information.
Event has expired