We are focussing on Project & Programme Management at this SIG.
Darrol Radley from Edson Consulting will present How to Deliver Award-winning SAP Projects.
This session will provide an overview of the Edson approach to delivering certainty of outcome in projects.
Typical projects: add a region to an existing SAP implementation or install of Enhancement Packs or add a new module to SAP (e.g. CRM or BW)
Project & Programme Management to deliver award winning SAP projects. Understand the 10 most valuable lessons learned from SAP projects and how to apply these techniques to improve performance in your current projects.
SAP Projects – The Ten Key Lessons:
- Scope – functional, geographical, organisational
- Business Case and the Case for Action
- Executive Team Role and Decisions
- Methodology ( Waterfall vs Agile)
- Change management
- Risk Management
- People and Change
- The importance of the Centre of Excellence ( Competency Centres)
SAP Project management best practices. The session will cover a range of topics which include The Evolution of SAP customers (one big project vs lots of small projects), methodologies (Waterfall vs Agile or both).
Skills required to implement SAP projects and where to find them - OnShore vs OffShore
Robyn Brentley from UKISUG will deliver the latest user group news including information on this year's annual conference.
Paul Jackson from SAP will present The importance of SAP Solution Manager – your companion for Requirements to Deploy.
In answering the questions:
1. How will the latest SAP Solution Manager (SolMan) help me deliver a controlled and efficient solution deployment ?
2. Who will use my SolMan when I move on to another project ?
Paul will look at:
- “Requirements to Deploy” (different routes)
- Test Options
- What Solution Information is delivered by a programme to support the solution and future deployments ?
- How might Solution Manager 7.2 change all this ?
- SolMan and deployment of SAP S/4HANA
Manesh Mistry from SAP UK will present SAP Managed Services.
Digital technology transformation is disruptive at times but perhaps its execution doesn’t have to be provided you consume right services, tools and alliance with right technology partner who will graduate and transform you to the next level without hassles and keeps lights on in your enterprise 24x7.
This is what SAP Managed Services promises to its customers by enabling them to consume the digital technologies while ensuring the stability of their core-business. SAP Managed services becomes your true Value-partner in the age of digital transformation, helping you reimagine your business models and lowering the costs of your existing business processes. Delivering to you a dual-advantage, we run and optimize your systems and mission-critical processes (efficiency led model) on one hand and co-innovate with you by proving actionable insights to you in data-driven digital environments. With a well-guided journey into the digital world, customers can today completely rely on SAP Managed Services to run their business in all possible deployment environments.
Why should Managed Services interest you?
- 1st hand Technology partners to digital transformation leveraging Product Innovation, right from the source.
- Managed & secured, better performing IT solutions through a global network of SAP experts.
- Ensured ROI by applying best-run operations standards for SAP pro ducts, tools and processes.
- Unleash the world of opportunities to help you choose the right flavor of cloud for your business.
- Substantially reduced TCO to invest in Innovation.
In this session SAP will give you an overview of the SAP Managed Services portfolio and how it can help you with your Digital Transformation.
Mark Griffiths from SAP UK Limited will present How SAP Digital Business Services can accelerate your project implementations.
Today, customer solutions are continually evolving to meet changing business needs. These changes differ in size and scale from focussed customer enhancements to a full migration to S/4HANA. This session will explore how the full SAP Digital Business service portfolio provides support for your implementation requirements from self-service access to rich information sources all the way through to full on-site implementation teams to accelerate your transition to S/4HANA. You will learn about the offerings available and how they can matched to your various project requirements whether your are implementing on your own, with a partner or with SAP Digital Business Services.
Gary Allen and Peter Mc Robert from SAP will present The Evolution of SAP Project & Programme Management Best Practices. The Evolution of SAP customer projects including a discussion around the use of Agile versus Waterfall.
A discussion that looks at how the choice of the right implementation methodology is a key factor in the success of your project.
The session compares and contrasts some key elements that would influence an organisation’s choice of either an Agile or Waterfall Implementation methodology, covering aspects including:
- People (Location, Knowledge & Experience)
- Requirements (Scale, Scope and Complexity)
- Organisation (Culture, Structure and Style)
- Criticality (Risk, Compliance and Quality)
- Architecture (Releases, Environment and Support)
Event has expired