Val Metcalfe & Graham Thomas our Payroll SIG Chairs will present Sharing Best Practice:
- GDPR - General Data Protection Legislation
- From May 25th 2018 new Europe wide regulations come into force which will have a significant impact on data retention, the scope of data covered above that of the Data Protection Act (1998), positive consent of data retention and evidence of consent, documentation of data and how it's gathered and what it's used for and the rights of individuals to request the information (also for it to be portable).
- If you operate an MAR (Mileage Allowance Relief) scheme through payroll up to the AMAP (Approved Mileage Allowance Payment) rate the belief is that this is not allowed from April 2017 since budget. This has a potential tax return implication for employees.
- IR 35 – Public sector- time given for members to raise questions on process.
- Other relevant topics to be confirmed
Natasha Robinson from SAP will deliver the Latest SAP updates related to legislation changes including information on Apprenticeship Levy.
There will be an opportunity to pre-submit questions for a Q&A with Natasha. Please ensure that any questions you have are sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 15th June 2017.
Simon Gore from Winshuttle and Michael Gleeson & Ste Quinn from AMEY Plc will present The Secret to Perfect Timing.
Michael Gleeson, Shared Service Systems and Business MI , will discuss how Winshuttle helps their Payroll and HR teams manage two time sensitive business processes.
PTMW Time sheet management is a critical process within Amey. The recording of time for thousands of employees against hundreds of contracts is a constant challenge, requiring a large team of administrative officers. Maintaining a manual process has created challenges for employees and the back-office function, therefore errors are easily created with costly impacts. By implementing a smart and effective business process using Microsoft office and Winshuttle, the team have reduced the time taken to enter the data and have also reduced errors.
Growth in the services and infrastructure support industry is often driven by Mergers and Acquisitions. Although this is a proven and successful business strategy, it provides challenges for the payroll and HR organisations managing the intake and departure of large numbers of employees. Amey on average TUPE more than 2,000 people in and 2,000 out of the business each year, so they needed an effective method of managing mass data in SAP. Hear how Winshuttle has enabled them to re-work the process, allowing the SSC team to meet their tight deadlines.
Event has expired