Please note - this is a 4 week course
Learn about Full Text Search with SAP HANA Platform in this free openSAP
online course. With a large amount of data collected by companies, SAP
HANA provides fast and convenient search-based access to unstructured
data. With this course, you’ll learn about full-text indexing and search
via SQL, fuzzy search, search rules for duplicate checks and much more.
If you’re using SAP Business Suite or SAP S/4HANA, you’ll also learn
about SAP HANA enterprise search.
Today, enterprises and organizations collect and analyze huge volumes of data about everything from incident messages and service reports to research documents and patent files. With SAP HANA, you can provide fast and convenient search-based access to unstructured data. SAP’s in-memory data management platform not only provides the technology for building analytical applications, but also natural language processing (NLP) components. Learn how to leverage SAP HANA’s capabilities for full-text search and application development.
This course starts with the basics on full-text indexing and search via SQL. In unit 2 we focus especially on fuzzy search and how to use “search rules” for duplicate checks and matching. Next, we’ll present the tooling to create search models, the interface to query such models, and how to use the native search UI. We’ll then explain “SAP HANA enterprise search” in the context of SAP Business Suite and SAP S/4HANA, and how it relates to and extends “native” SAP HANA search technology. Finally, we’ll talk about some adjacent technologies like SAP file processing and SAP HANA graph. Demos and hands-on exercises are provided throughout.
- Starting from: September 13, 2017, 09:00 UTC. (What does this mean?)
- Duration: The course is open for 4 weeks
- Effort: 4-5 hours in total
- Course assignment: You can take the course assignment at any time whilst the course is open.
- Course closure: October 12, 2017, 09:00 UTC
- Course language: English
- How is an openSAP course structured?
- Unit 1: The Basics: Full-Text Indexing and the Contains Predicate
- Unit 2: Matching: Fuzzy Search and Search Rules
- Unit 3: Search Models: Using Core Data Services and ESH_CONFIG
- Unit 4: API and Query Language: Using ESH_SEARCH
- Unit 5: User Interface: The SAPUI5 Search UI
- Unit 6: SAP Business Suite and SAP S/4HANA: SAP HANA Enterprise Search
- Unit 7: Beyond Search: SAP HANA File Processing and SAP HANA Graph
Event has expired