Please Note there is a charge to attend this event:
- Member rate £150
- Non-Member £398
This is a two-day event running on Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th October. The events will run on Microsoft Teams and you will receive log in details 24 hours before the event.
This event is for ABAP developers and architects who want to get an overview of the ABAP strategy and roadmap, the ABAP RESTful application programming model (RAP) and the capabilities of SAP Cloud Platform ABAP Environment for developing cloud apps in ABAP optimised for SAP HANA. The event will consist of both lectures and hands-on workshops with experts from SAP.
Participants have the opportunity to provide feedback and work on hands-on exercises in a guided fashion. The event will last for two days (roughly 5 hours per day) from 9:30 - 15:30 with coffee and lunch breaks to ease the online experience.
An overview of what will be covered is below:
- Welcome & Introduction
- ABAP Platform strategy (lecture)
- Developing a cloud-enabled transactional SAP Fiori App with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP) (hands-on workshop)
- RAP – Outlook and preview from the Labs (lecture)
- Custom code adaptation towards SAP S/4HANA and SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment (lecture)
- Feedback & Wrap-Up
- Welcome and recap from day 1
- SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment – Feedback from customer projects (lecture)
- SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment – Roadmap and outlook (lecture)
- Developing a hybrid app with SAP Cloud Platform, ABAP environment using connectivity and integration features (hands-on workshop)
- Git enabled Lifecycle Management (lecture)
- Feedback & discussion round
Participants should have good working knowledge in ABAP and ABAP Development Tools (ADT) for Eclipse. Participants are expected to have a working ADT installation on their laptop to follow the hands-on workshop instructions, see https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/#abap . In addition they should have a valid SAP Cloud Platform trial user to save onboarding time.
Instructions are available here, see https://cockpit.hanatrial.ondemand.com/cockpit/#/h...
Basic understanding of Core Data Services (CDS) and ideally some insight into SAP Cloud Platform ABAP environment (a good tutorial is available here: https://developers.sap.com/mission.cp-starter-exte... ).
A week before the event we will run sessions to help assist with the following:
- ADT installation/familiarity and SCP ABAP trial account
- CDS Basics