Our UK Payroll Special Interest Group (SIG) is one of our best supported and best attended of all of the SIG’s. The high level of interest reflects both the degree of custom complexity in processing payrolls and the constant changes in UK payroll legislation.
SAP are usually in attendance giving us a regular direct link to the SAP UK technical team who in turn have a direct link to the developers and to HMRC.
We understand how important networking at our face to face events is to you and since we can't get together in person right now, the session will start 30 minutes before the SIG commences so you can grab a coffee and have a virtual catch up with the SIG chairs and other attendees.
The full agenda and content for this session will be online shortly, but take a look at some of the benefits this SIG brings:
Regular agenda items include the following:
- Legislation update -This is delivered by SAP. They give us the heads up on forthcoming legislation as well as the solutions they will be delivering to administer the changes. This is supported by SIG members providing feedback on pilot testing or even their own proposed solutions.
- Presentations by third party vendors and SAP partners on complementary solutions to support the core SAP product. Again this is supported with SIG customers own experiences of the solution.
- Sharing best practice. SIG members are encouraged to do short presentations on anything that may be of interest to those in attendance.
Recently these have included how to get more from payroll simulation logs, how GDPR impacts HR and payroll and how to develop custom payroll functions for payroll schemas.
- SAP Q&A - An opportunity for you to pre submit questions to the SAP payroll team.
- Open forum - You can also submit questions in advance or on the day to be discussed by all. This is a great way to take away ideas and solutions that will improve procedures within your organisation.
- Plenty of time for networking and collaboration. Mix with your peers and share your experiences.
The SIG is attended by a broad range of payroll professionals ranging from payroll practitioners through to IT. We have representatives from public and private sector, multiple-employment and service providers. Our co-chairs also reflect this broad range experience.
Your UKISUG Payroll SIG Chairs:
Graham Thomas is currently working as part of a global IT/Business team coordinating payroll changes worldwide and anything related to finance sector compliance such as SOX.
Valerie Metcalfe has over 17 years of experience on SAP, with 3 Payroll implementations; together with 30 years managing complex payrolls specialising in sports, leisure & travel, prisons, hospitals, schools and military bases.
THIS WEBINAR WILL TAKE PLACE ON ZOOM