This meeting is kindly being sponsored by Bluefin Solutions.
The theme of this meeting will be based around Solution Manager and this meeting will be the first of two parts. It is our intention that the second meeting will follow in January 2010.
Paul Jackson from SAP will present to the group, Solution Manager (SolMan) - what and why
- What is SolMan?
- How can it help me with the implementation, upgrade and operation of our SAP solutions?
- When and why do I use it?
Peter Le Duc from SAP will deliver the presentation Why SolMan is needed for Enterprise Support
- SolMan within Enterprise Support
- Enterprise Support requirements for SolMan usage (e.g. Connected systems, Landscape Documentation, Early Watch Alert Reports, Maintenance Optimiser, Service Desk for SAP Support messages, Issues logging & process documentation)
John Appleby from Bluefin will present the session Solution Operations & Maintenance
- Experiencing value from SolMan in Solution Operations & Maintenance
- Technical Operations: How do we use SolMan for system monitoring and routine systems administration tasks?
- Incident & Problem Management: Understand how to use the Service Desk and forward messages to SAP support; know when to define and share problem messages, issues, and top issue; Why do I need the SolMan Diagnostics tool to help me perform E2E Root cause Analysis?
- IT Reporting: How do I set up Early watch alerts & what should I do with the reports? What does Service Level reporting give me?
- Maintenance of SAP Solutions: Using the Maintenance Optimiser to help identify relevant Support Packs and dependencies; how might I also see the impact of this change on my existing solution?
- Business Process Monitoring to optimise your business processes.
Craig Dale fromtheSAP User Group will deliver a 2009 Conference Update.
Paul Jackson from SAP will give an overview of the Implementations and Solution Information (simple use of SolMan on a project)
- What do I need to do to create a project in SolMan?
- Which Project type should I use?
- How do I use SolMan to capture Solution Information for my Design: Business Process Structures, Requirements and Design Documentation Build: Defining solution Configuration and Developments Test Management: Testing the Solution with Solution Manager & holding Test Documentation for application support.
- How Does SolMan help me managing a project? (e.g. Project specific roadmaps, status management, scope control) If the project has already started, can I still get value from SolMan?
Peter Le Duc from SAP will present to the groupSolMan Landscape: Parts, Size and How Many?
- How do Projects, Solutions and Logical Components relate?
- So how many solution managers do I need?
- What size should they be?
Paul Cooper and Paul Jackson will deliver the presentation Steps I can take today to get more from Solution Manager?
- Summary of the main points from the day and the first steps toincreased value
- Introduction to next I&S SIG eventPart 2: Greater Value and Integration with SolMan
Due to capacity of our room, we have limited places to 1 delegate per organisation.
Bluefin Solutions have a demo available, please contact Tania.email@example.com for more information or to organise a demo.
Event has expired