This event will be hosted and sponsored by IBM
Tom Byrne from IBM willprovide an Introduction to IBM in Ireland.
- Overview of the Technology Campus
- Overview of the Innovation Centre - missions (including Cloud, Green), roles, responsibilities etc
- Overview of IBM Services
- Introduction to IBM's Applications on Demand Services
- Full SAP Application Technical managed service with options for IBM to provide managed hardware and data centre services
- Introduction to IBM's Lean Based SAP Optimisation
- Overview of methodology, benefits and experience. Using Component
- Business Mapping (CBM) to identify areas for improvement
Ben Greene and Maik Lindner from SAP Research willdelivera presentation on SAP Research in Belfast: Applied research in collaboration with customers. This session will give an introduction to the work of SAP Researchand the special fields of interest of the Belfast Center. In their talk they will present their current workstreams, reaching from e.g. Cloud Computing, Virtualization, System Performance Modeling and Optimization to Web 2.0 applications technologies for open collaborative innovation. As SAP Research is highly interested in involving customers in their projects, this is a good chance to learn about their business model and how SAP customers can engage with them.
Philip Adams, Ireland SIG Chair willfacilitate a Breakout Discussion Session. During this session attendees will split into groups defined by the topicsidentified in the Ireland SIG Input forms (completed and returned inadvance). This form will provide the opportunity for further networking and discussion on themes of interest to your business.
Craig Dale from the SAP User Group willgive a Conference & Enterprise Support (including KPIs) Update.
This will be followed by John McLarnon from SHS who will present a session on SHS their SAP Landscape and Journey. The SHS Group are an SME company with a very diverse andcomplex operating model. In 3 short years the company has implemented a highly integrated end to end solution using SAP and here is how it was achieved.
- Company Background including overview of group companies
- SHS business model, requirements and mapping to SAP technology
- SAP Roadmap, Landscape and walkthrough of various SAP Implementations 2006 through present
- Realised Benefits and Lessons Learned
- Methodology and Tools employed including resource makeup
- What next for 2009 / 2010
Finally Pol Mac Aonghusa from IBM willpresen a session on Focus on Future Technology, new Paradigms and new Utilities. How the Innovation Centre is leading the way - World WideMissions, Centres of Excellence , Collaberation, Business Incubation.
- Cloud Computing
- Big Green Innovations
- Intelligent Utility Network
- Smarter Planet
All discussed in light of 2009 Top Trends, Direction, Adoption with Strategy, Design, Delivery and Development in mind. Examples of live projects including Smartbay in Galway
Event has expired