What do we know?
- Small businesses are exposed to the impact on taxes, costs and cashflows
- Different rules apply for Great Britain versus United Kingdom due to Northern Ireland requirements
- The Services sector agreements including financial services were not fully determined in the TCA so still face uncertainty
- The UK is no longer part of existing trade agreements between the EU & certain non EU countries and has not yet negotiated treaties with the likes of the USA
- Ecommerce has been hit; smaller EU firms have stopped exporting to the UK due to VAT changes
- To name but a few...
What's the impact?
From cheesemongers to pig farmers and beyond, British companies looking to expand their horizons are encountering a fresh set of challenges over and above those thrown up by the pandemic. Brexit requirements around cross border trade and compliance are particularly burdensome and costly for small enterprise and pivoting away from the EU is not necessarily the answer. The issues range across the business; from profitability to commercial contracts to operations, transport / logistics, packaging, safety and compliance.
Now that we are 5 months into Brexit, join this panel discussion to learn about what SAP have discovered and what lies ahead.
Participants will include your peers from the UKISUG community as well as SAP’s UK Government Relations Officer and domain experts.
Topics for discussion:
- How to understand impacts on profitability
- Reconfiguring supply chains
- To counter delays, border checks etc
- To pursue growth in growth (emerging) markets
- How / where can automation help offset new admin & compliance burdens / costs
- Planning systems needed for a different future
Event has expired