This event will be hosted by SAP UK & Ireland User Group, Belasis, Business Centre, Billingham.
Derek Maynard from Electrocomponents will deliver a presentation on Rolling out SAP over significant distance: experiences and lessons learnt. ElectroComponents needed to replace the ERP system for South Africa as the existing system was reaching end of life. EC currently use SAP in Europe, so the decision was made to adopt SAP for South Africa.
This brought a number of challenges:
- When SAP was first implemented it was heavily modified to fit the EC business model, with many subsequent code releases.
- The majority of training material from the implementation had either not been updated or was missing.
- Limited resources were available.
- No formal Key user network.
- Short project timeline.
- Significant distance issue.
- Low level of computer literacy for some end users
Louise Talbot from The Training Foundation will deliver a session The changing shape of learning to meet organisational and technological change. This is an interactive session enabling delegates to learn about the new and exciting ways to deliver learning and an insight into what is on the horizon. The session will also explore the benefits this brings to the learner, the trainer and the organisation. Delegates will also have an opportunity to participate and network in a knowledge cafe activity.
- Quick blast to the past and present to see the impact of technology plays
in our everyday lives...what does this mean for learning and development?
- What are the 4 drivers for change?
- Overview of the new technology being applied to learning (web-conferencing,
voice threads, virtual worlds, 3D authoring tools, Twitter)
- Each table share ideas on a range of discussion points eg. what are the benefits of implementing a new learning strategy? What are the concerns?What advice would you pass onto to someone working on their first e-Learning project? How can you evaluate e-learning? After a few minutes conference delegates swap to different tables to generate more ideas and network with others.
Craig Dale from the SAP User Group will give a 2010 Conference Update.
After Lunch, there will be Change Management Breakout Groups. Further details will follow shortly.
Event has expired