Adam Pedersen from SAP will begin the day covering Business One 9.0. This will include update and Bin Locations in detail. Adam will also discuss Reporting.
James Cooper, a product champion for Task Centre, will explain How to make SAP Business One do your work for you. Research has revealed that many companies using SAP Business One still have staff manually doing tasks that could actually be automated. From processing inter-company orders to entering orders from web shops, from printing parcel labels to updating cost prices in Production Orders/Bills of Materials and from sending orders to suppliers to exchanging information with outsourced warehouses & logistics companies. There are dozens of examples, many of which involve re-keying data and almost all of which would be better if automated.
Bespoke development is often considered as a way of replacing manual processes. But the costs and complexity sometimes make this approach uneconomical.
This session will demonstrate an alternative approach, one that allows processes to be automated, and systems to be integrated, without needing to write code. This is achieved using the flowcharts and “If This Happens Then Do That logic of Orbis TaskCentre for SAP Business One. The software has been certified by SAP. They, and many other companies, have found that TaskCentre provides quicker, easier and more economical automation.
Examples will be given of the many processes which companies have already automated along with details of where users can seek further information, training and advice.
Tim Guest a SAP Mentor will explain how to Use Free Online Tools & Social Media to Enhance your SAP Experience. This session will cover:
- SAP Community Network – A more detailed look at the different places, how to find answers to your questions and how to get active in the community.
- SAP Idea Place – This has had a re vamp, Tim will show the new layout and how to input your ideas on new functionality you want in SAP
- Do you use Google+? - A look at what it is, how you can use it to organise events and groups.
- Linked In – We now have a B1 users section on here. How to get the most from this free online tool involving networking and relationship building
- Twitter – why would anyone use Twitter for business? Tim will show how to use this tool to network & build SAP / business relationships, use of Hashtags and using Twitter to promote your work on SCN
The day will finish with an Open Discussion. This is a chance to ask any further questions from throughout the day and we will discuss your ideas for the next SIG.
Event has expired