Your UK & Ireland SAP User Group and SAP are holding an interactive HANA Workshop.
Jeff Word from SAP will give this 4 hour workshop and will spilt the event into two sections. The primary focus of the first half of the session is general SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA (SoH)overview, including an update on the SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud offering. Jeff will review the strategic impact of SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA and customer adoption considerations in order to encourage customers to start thinking about their own path to get to SAP Business Suite on SAP HANA. The second half will be devoted to more operational topics related to how to migrate to SoH, differences in the Suite on HANA world, the tools and resources available to customers and lots of answers to operational questions people have about how to run a mission critical SoH landscape.
Key topics covered:
- In Memory Database Overview
- SAP's Philosophy for moving its portfolio to a Next-Generation In-Memory Architecture
- Architectural Implications of Mission Critical Apps running in-memory
- Business Value of the new SAP architecture
- SAP Database Support Roadmap (RDBMS & HANA)
- SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud
- SAP HANA Live (ERP reporting via HANA)
- Suite Migration/Operational Topics: what changes & what doesn't, code optimizations, landscape considerations, downtime estimates, business value estimates, update & migration paths, migration tools and services, HA/DR support, security, hardware/data center options, additional technical resources
The workshop is extremely interactive, lots of back and forth with the audience as we move from topic to topic. No hands on or coding, strictly a conceptual discussion.
This event is perfect for mid to senior-level SAP resources who must build their company's long-term SAP architecture strategy.
Jeffrey Word, Ph.D., is Vice President of Product Strategy for the Database & Technology group in SAP. He is responsible for creating and communicating thought leadership on SAP's In-Memory database strategy globally. Over the last 13 years at SAP, he has driven multiple topics in technology strategy and corporate innovation projects. He is also the world's best-selling author for SAP-related books, including SAP HANA Essentials. Dr. Word has more than 18 years experience in business and IT strategy working for Fortune 1000 companies. Dr. Word earned his PhD in Information Systems & Strategy at the University of Manchester in England. His research focus was on event-driven process design and next-generation enterprise architecture. He also earned an MBA in International Management from the Thunderbird School of Global Management and a BA in European Studies/Spanish from the University of Oklahoma.
Can't attend this event?
We are holding 2 more HANA Workshops Days, please find the other dates below.
Event has expired