This page aims to answer some of the more commonly asked questions, posed by potential members.
- Who are the UK & Ireland SAP User Group?
- Is the UK & Ireland SAP User Group part of SAP?
- Who Is Eligible For Membership?
- Can SAP Partners Join?
- What benefits does membership offer?
- How do I become a member?
- How long will Membership Authorisation take?
- What is a Trial Membership?
- Who will have access to the site?
- What is A SIG?
- When and Where Do The SIGs Meet?
- How is the User Group Managed?
We are a Not For Profit independent organisation, operated and managed for the benefit of our members.
We provide meetings and discussion forums in a neutral environment where users can network, exchange experiences, and receive presentations from selected relevant companies. We provide numerous events throughout the year, covering a wide range of topics relevant to the operation and implementation of SAP software, and including presentations by users on their own experiences, by SAP the latest development in their products (sometimes including pre-launch information), and by selected vendors on their products where we feel these will be relevant and of interest
No, the User Group is an independent organisation, operated and managed for the benefit of its members.
Full membership is open to all companies who are licensed users of SAP software.
A Partner is eligible to join the User Group if their system is being used for their core business functionality. Only users will represent the Partner at meetings. The User Group Executive has the authority to terminate membership if a company is found canvassing for business.
As a member of the User Group there are a number of benefits available to assist you and your organisation, including:
- Corporate Membership = unlimited registered users for one low fee
- Two free places to each of our SIG meetings (62 in 2011)
- Dedicated website with discussion forum
- Network and Exchange Experiences with other users
- Independent Voice taking issues directly to SAP
- Members have input into SAP Product Development
- Cheapest form of consultancy available
- Discounted rates for annual conference, save over £300
For further information regarding the UK & Ireland SAP User Group, please contact email@example.com
Becoming a member of the UK & Ireland SAP User Group is a straightforward, quick and easy process, which is broken down into a number of stages, taking only a couple of minutes to complete. Sign Up Page.
You will be asked to complete the following sections:
- Company details
- Primary contact details
- Membership type (trial or full)
At this point you will be asked whether you want to apply for a Trial (restricted) membership or whether you would like a full membership. If you select trial membership, your application is complete. If you require a full membership, you will be asked to complete the following sections
- Billing contact details
- Payment method (credit card or invoice)
Once you have submitted your details, you will receive a confirmation message, your application will be added to an authorisation queue and our support team will receive an e-mail notifying them of your application.
We will review your application within two working days, at which point you will receive an email from us either accepting or denying your membership application.
A trial membership is for prospective members who would like to sample some of the benefits of full membership before actually paying their membership Fee.
Trial membership entitles you to Free of Charge membership for a period of 3 months & is conditional upon you holding at least one SAP licence. Trial membership entitles you to
- Send a maximum of two persons (being individuals employed by you or working in your business) to attend one only of the current Special Interest Group meetings (subject to availability).
- Unlimited number of sub-users
- Access to the following - members-only sections of this Site: Members’ Homepage; My Account; Change Password; Upgrade membership; members FAQs; SIGs; News; Events and Conference information.
Parts of the website are open to everyone. However, if you want to read complete articles, news stories and private documents, such as meeting minutes and presentations, you will require full membership.
Full membership gives you unrestricted access to all parts of the website including discussion forums and is open to all SAP customers
A SIG is a Special Interest Group, of which we currently have 20 available, which meet on a number of occasions throughout the year.
To view our SIGs please visit our SIG page.
Our SIGs meet throughout the UK, with a number of meetings held at SAP’s offices near Heathrow. If you would like further information, please visit our events page
The User Group is managed by dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers who make up the User Group Executive.