This year in 2019 we want to bring more community back to HERSIG.
As such, we want to develop the following:
- A shared understanding of how the Higher Education community is using SAP’s tools.
- A shared understanding of what SAP’s tools can do for the Higher Education community.
- A shared understanding of how Higher Education organisations have organised themselves to face the challenges, and reap the benefits of using SAP’s tools.
- A self-help network for supporting each other’s current challenges and aspirations to do more regarding all of the above.
So how do we do this?
- The Model University:
- A description of how a “University” could sensibly maximise their use of SAP’s tools and how they relate to the various business activities of a “University”
- A framework to compare your institution’s use of SAP’s tools vs the model, and understand the gaps
- A definition of the gaps in SAP’s toolset, actual or practical
- Information Sharing:
- Who is using what SAP tools, along with how, why and lessons learned
- What our business processes look like and how they interact with SAP
- Specific issues, concerns or queries
- Tender approaches, specification documents
- Conduit for site visits
- Success and best practise sharing
- Agenda setting for HERSIG
- The HERSIG Support Network:
- A contacts network with relevant areas of expertise
- A self-help forum
- A reality check in the face of sales people
What we are not:
- A replacement for the other SIGs.
- For the general payroll, FICO, SuccessFactors, S/4, C/4, etc info there are dedicated SUG’s that can give you all the info you need.
- Where HERSIG comes in is doing these things in HE
- A place to share institutionally confidential information.
- We want to share, but it will be up to you to know where to draw the line
- A place to share your institutions protected personal information (GDPR)