With the planned introduction of SAP Fiori, cloud edition, and SAP Fiori mobile service, customers will have the ability to choose the deployment model that best suits their business environment and ensures a secure and rapid deployment option for SAP Fiori apps.
The planned SAP Fiori apps will be optimized for mobile consumption and deployed in the cloud to provide customers a path to engage with individuals across all devices and channels.
The cloud edition of SAP Fiori is a planned new SAP HANA® Cloud Platform service that intends to enable customers to simplify the implementation and adoption of SAP Fiori, which helps renew and modernize customers’ on-premise SAP® Business Suite. It is planned to be delivered with a limited number of SAP Fiori apps across lines of business, including human resources (HR), customer relationship management (CRM) and retail, covering use cases that are the most frequently and commonly used, such as manager approvals and employee self-service tasks.
The new offerings intend to help end users, administrators and developers with the following:
- End users gain simpler access to SAP Fiori apps and a consumer-grade UX that is expected to help increase productivity by enabling business tasks to be completed from either a desktop or mobile device. End users are planned to have access to data locally and receive alerts and notifications to SAP Fiori apps.
- Administrators are planned to be able to manage the entire mobile app life cycle through design, development, deployment, monitoring and support. Administrators are expected to get better insight into SAP Fiori app adoption and utilization and reduce the need for training by delivering an engaging on-device experience. Simplified operations, wizards and administration processes intend to help users configure and operate SAP Fiori.
- Developers are planned to be able to focus on developing cross-platform, hybrid apps and have easier control of advanced mobile qualities such as offline data access and native device features. SAP Web IDE allows easy extension of existing apps and development of new SAP Fiori apps with a web-based integrated development environment (IDE) that requires no installation.
- SAP Fiori, cloud edition is a new SAP HANA Cloud Platform service that enables customers to simplify the implementation and adoption of SAP Fiori, which helps renew and modernize customers’ on premise SAP Business Suite.
- SAP Fiori, cloud edition will be delivered with a limited number of SAP Fiori apps across lines of business, including human resources, customer relationship management (CRM) and retail, covering use cases that are the most frequently and commonly used including manager approvals and employee self-service tasks.
- SAP Fiori mobile service is a new SAP HANA Cloud Platform service that aims to help customers optimize SAP Fiori for mobile performance and productivity, driving increased adoption of apps. The new service intends to provide a guided approach to manage, secure, enable and test SAP Fiori apps.
- Together, SAP Fiori, cloud edition and SAP Fiori mobile service help simplify the adoption and extend the benefits of SAP Fiori, the award-winning user experience for SAP software, across the enterprise.
Press release: Click here
For more on SAP Fiori mobile service, click here
< Back to all news