SAP today unveiled SAP® BW/4HANA, a next-generation data warehouse application for running a real-time digital enterprise. In addition to traditional on-premise deployment, the new solution will soon be available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the SAP HANA® Enterprise Cloud service so companies can conveniently modernize their data warehousing environments.
To stay ahead of today’s fast-paced business requirements, companies need to be empowered with modern data modeling techniques coupled with unified and more streamlined data warehouse object models. In addition, simplified governance features will enable agile data warehouse development that will deliver improved business insights in real time. Business applications, including those based on SAP S/4HANA, will be able to leverage a prebuilt data warehouse or more standard, SQL-based development environment, resulting in faster, more versatile data warehouse solutions for improved business agility.
SAP BW/4HANA customers will benefit from:
- An end-to-end data management platform for running a live digital business through the automatic generation of views in SAP HANA that combine SQL data logic and application data taken directly from SAP S/4HANA
- Extreme performance through advanced, in-memory analytics and algorithm pushdown
- Faster application development with a fully redesigned user interface for enhanced data flow modeling
- Reduced data management and storage costs through automatic distribution of multitemperature data
- Efficient data warehouse migration and implementation with unified data load management and full scale-out support, as a de facto standard for customers
- Easy transition for customers with the SAP Business Warehouse application to SAP BW/4HANA through utility features
Diego Lombardini, head of Finance Systems, Fairfax Media Pty. Ltd. said, “As an early adopter of SAP BW/4HANA running on AWS, we reduced our end-to-end production time by 50 percent, allowing us to deliver a powerful new analytics platform with minimal up-front investment in just three months. To support our constantly changing business, we now have an extremely flexible, highly scalable cloud environment that is capable of future-proofing our business.”
To help ensure customers of all sizes can conveniently implement an affordable data warehouse system, SAP BW/4HANA will be available with built-in deployment for AWS and SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud, with additional cloud deployment options expected to follow.
SAP BW/4HANA will be released to customers on September 7, 2016.
For further information, please follow the links below: