In October, we brought together clients, partners and colleagues for VibeLive - A G3G event modelled around some of the subjects and solutions that our employees and clients had requested, to help explore best practice and introduce new ideas and ways of thinking.
The first day of the event was held at Mercedes Benz World in Weybridge and was built around a workshop and exhibition format. The topics for our sessions, PODs and workshops very broad, so hopefully there was something for everyone to learn from. The topics covered were as follows:
- Agile GRC, Soterion: Traditional on-premise solutions are being replaced by cloud and hybrid offerings. Use Soterion tools to help manage this risk to business data security.
- Cloud vs on-premise: Some of the pitfalls to watch out for when considering migration to the cloud were highlighted.
- Data migration to S/4HANA: Focused on the migration workbench within S/4HANA.
- EPI-USE Labs product update, EPI-USE Labs: An update on the solutions in their portfolio.
- GL Reconciliation, BEST and G3G: Introduction and demonstration of BEST’s General Ledger Reconciliation tools.
- S/4HANA MOVE: Introduction to our S/4MOVE SAP Conversion Package. We are delighted to announce that our latest S/4HANA Packaged Solution has now achieved full SAP approval.
- SAP Innovation and optimisation pathfinder: How to maximise the use of the free SAP tailor made report - highlighting innovation, business process and IT optimisations.
- Simple data management (SDM), GlueData: Demonstration of how GlueData’s embedded application ensures business data quality.
- Solution Manager test suite: Exploration of the test functions and tools provided by SAP Solution Manager.
- S/4HANA ABAP test cockpit: How to adapt custom code for SAP S/4HANA using ABAP Test Cockpit.
- S/4HANA core data services views: S/4HANA supports a new data model by providing ready-to-use content using CDS view. This session discussed how the CDS data model used by SAP S/4HANA provides certain advantages over SAP HANA Live VDM.
- S/4HANA embedded analytics: Embedded Analytics is an integral component of SAP S/4HANA. Here we showed users how to perform real time analytics on their live transactional data.
- S/4HANA in the Order to Cash process: We facilitated an open forum to discuss common problems in the Sales Process and explore ways S/4HANA addresses these.
- S/4HANA methodology and lessons learnt: Using our experience of S/4HANA implementations, Andrew revealed our methodology and best ways of working, identifying some of the pitfalls to look out for.
- S/4HANA packaged solutions: We introduced our four SAP-approved Industry Packaged Solutions and explained how we use them to help accelerate the move to S/4HANA.
- S/4HANA reporting options: Mark guided us through the reporting options available on S/4HANA.
- S/4HANA readiness check 2.0: During the discovery phase of any S/4HANA Conversion Project, ECC clients want to know more about the technical and functional impacts of their system conversion. SAP Readiness Check 2.0 became available in May 2019, and we explored the benefits of new and improved functionality.
If you’d like a copy of any of the presentations or handouts, then please get in touch.
At the event, SAP also facilitated the SAP ERP simulation game - a business simulation game for SAP ERP and SAP S/4HANA in which participants use a real ERP system to manage their virtual company in a competitive market. ERPSim creates the perfect setting to introduce concepts and challenges of business processes and information management, change management, information security and auditing, and more. Players got to experience the evolution of a business system in a very short period of time and were able to use a real SAP S/4HANA system to evaluate, input and see the result of their decisions.
Prizes were given to 1st, 2nd and 3rd placed team, but win or lose, all participants improved their knowledge of business procedures and their understanding of how ERP systems are effective at managing those processes.
Following an amazing day at Mercedes Benz World, G3G employees moved the short distance to Oatlands Park Hotel to celebrate our 20th birthday. After a BBQ and birthday cake we were entertained exceptionally well by the band ‘Without Prejudice’ who soon had everyone up on the dance-floor.
Bringing everyone together like this meant we were able to get a real sense of the scale of our business and reach a much better understanding of the contribution everyone is making, and we were able to celebrate an important milestone birthday for the company in style!
If you're keen to attend our next VibeLive event in May 2020 and would like a specific topic covered, please do let us know.