Cameras at the ready! Our ever-popular photography competition returns for another year with our best theme yet… “what makes you happy?” It could be a special place, a time of day, or even the British weather!
We want to see what puts a smile on your face, what makes you snap happy. We only ask that you don’t include photos of children or loved ones, for privacy reasons.
To enter your photograph, just give it a title, tell us where you took it and give a brief explanation (max. 50 words) of why it makes you happy.
The twelve winning photos will be:
- Selected by the judges and will appear in the UKISUG 2023 calendar, including a credit to you, the photographer, and your organisation
- Displayed on the UKISUG website
- Used in UKISUG promotional material
From the twelve winning entries, the judges will select the top three photos to award the following prizes:
- £500 gift voucher to overall winner
- £250 gift voucher to second and third place
- Complimentary UKISUG Connect 2022 pass, including 2 nights B&B accommodation
All 12 entrants will receive a print of their photo.
Dust off those lenses, get your camera ready and say cheese!
The prizes as described are as available. All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the terms and conditions below (collectively “Rules”).
Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions
- Closing Date 30 September 2022. Entries received after this date will not be considered
- The twelve winning entries will be notified by 31 October 2022
- The top three entrants will receive a complimentary invitation to UKISUG Connect 2022, including a 3-day pass and 2 nights B & B accommodation. Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- A maximum of three entries per person – submitted to UKISUG as JPEG images. Only one entry is permitted to be within the winning 12. Should more than one entry from an individual reach the top 12, it will be substituted by the closest runner up.
- No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Photos must be landscape and in jpeg format of at least 1000 x 1500 pixels and must be submitted via the UKISUG website. Portrait or panoramic images are not acceptable.
- Your photo should be supported by a title, approximately when and where it was taken, together with a brief description, (maximum 50 words) to provide explanatory context for your image.
- You will receive email confirmation of receipt of your entry
- All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Personal appeal
- Judges opinion All judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into
- The competition is open to employees of UKISUG members only who are over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom or Ireland. Employees of UKISUG, as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- If after reasonable attempts a shortlisted entrant cannot be contacted, UKISUG reserves the right to offer the place on the shortlist to the next best entry
- In its absolute discretion UKISUG reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if UKISUG has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Rules.
- The 12 winners’ names and that of his/her employer will be disclosed to anyone who writes to UKISUG within one month after the close of the Conference, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope,
- UKISUG reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the Rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control
- Privacy Terms - Each entrant is deemed to consent to the disclosure and use of his/her name (and employer’s name) as described in the Rules and for the processing of his/her personal data in connection with the administration of the competition.
- Copyright and Ownership - All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure, if applicable, that:
- any images they submit have been taken with the permission of their employer and the subject;
- they have the permission of their employer and the subject to enter the images into this competition;
- the images do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws; and
- the entrant complies with any branding or other requirements of their employer. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their entering the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to UKISUG to feature any or all of the submitted images in its calendars and in any of their publications, websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- Use of images by UKISUG - If the judges are unable to pick 12 entries to make up the calendar, UKISUG reserves the right to include any other images that it deems appropriate.
Timescale & Judging Process
01/10/22 - 09/10/22 : the UKISUG team will select their top 50 photos, which will be submitted to the Judging panel
10/10/22 – 14/10/22 : Judging panel will select 12 winning entries and agree on the 3 winners
17/10/22 – 21/10/22 : The overall winner will be chosen
24/10/22 – 31/10/22 : The 12 winners will be notified, with the top 3 entry winners invited to attend UKISUG Connect 2022
The promoter of this competition is UK & Ireland, SAP User Group, Lockheed Court, Preston Farm, Stockton on Tees, TS18 3SH