Our Photo Competition is open ...
How to enter: Simply submit any picture or image into our competition of your choosing, whether it be cheetahs whilst on safari or the rolling hills of the Lake District, the only limit is your imagination. All we ask is that your photo is supported by a title and brief explanation (maximum 50 words) to provide context for your image.
Open to all UKISUG members. We are looking for 12 winning pictures for display in our UKISUG 2019 Calendar. Don’t forget the three prizes up for offer - £500, £100 & £50 Gift Cards plus complimentary 2018 UKISUG Connect Conference Pass and all 12 winning entries receive a framed print of their entry.
UKISUG 2018 Photography Competition
Terms & Conditions
The UKISUG 2018 Photography Competition is open to all UKISUG Members to submit any picture or image of their choosing.
It may be cheetahs whilst on safari, or the rolling hills of the Lake District, the only limit is your imagination. All we ask is that your photo is supported by a title and brief explanation, (maximum 50 words) to provide context for your image.
Twelve winning photos will be:
- selected by the judges and will appear in the UKISUG 2019 Calendar, including a credit to the winner and their organisation;
- be displayed on the UKISUG website; and
- be used in UKISUG promotional material.
From the twelve winning entries, the judges will select the top three photos and the following prizes will be awarded to the relevant entrants:
- £500 Gift Vouchers
- £250 Gift Vouchers
- £100 Gift Vouchers
All 12 entrants will receive a framed print of their photo.
The prizes as described are as available. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives. The top 3 selected entrants will be invited to attend UKISUG Connect 2018, when the 1st, 2nd and 3rd placing will be announced. This invitation will include a full complimentary UKISUG Connect 2018 conference pass, including 2 nights B & B accommodation.
By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and the terms and conditions below (collectively “Rules”).
General Terms and Conditions
- Closing Date 31 August 2018. Entries received after this date will not be considered
- The twelve winning entries will be notified by 30 September 2018
- The top three entrants will be invited to attend UKISUG Connect 2018, when the full results of the competition will be announced
- The Connect 2018 invitation will include complimentary full 3 day conference pass and 2 nights B & B accommodation
- A maximum of six entries per person – submitted to UKISUG as JPEG images. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
- Photos should be in jpeg format of at least 1000 x 1500 pixels and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your photo should be supported by a title and brief explanation, maximum 50 words) to provide explanatory context for your image
- You will receive email confirmation of receipt of your entry
- All photographs will be judged on the following criteria:
- Personal appeal
- Judges opinion
- The competition is open to employees of UKISUG members only who are over 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom or Ireland. Employees of UKISUG, as well as their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- If after reasonable attempts a shortlisted entrant cannot be contacted, UKISUG reserves the right to offer the place on the shortlist to the next best entry.
- In its absolute discretion UKISUG reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time if UKISUG has reason to believe that an entrant has breached these Rules.
- The 12 winners’ names and that of his/her employer will be disclosed to anyone who writes to UKISUG within one month after the close of the Conference, stating the date of publication and enclosing a stamped addressed envelope,
- UKISUG reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the Rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- Privacy Terms - Each entrant is deemed to consent to the disclosure and use of his/her name (and employer’s name) as described in the Rules and for the processing of his/her personal data in connection with the administration of the competition.
- Copyright and Ownership - All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure, if applicable, that:
- any images they submit have been taken with the permission of their employer and the subject;
- they have the permission of their employer and the subject to enter the images into this competition;
- the images do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws; and
- the entrant complies with any branding or other requirements of their employer.
- Use of images by UKISUG - If the judges are unable to pick 12 entries to make up the calendar, UKISUG reserves the right to include any other images that it deems appropriate.
All judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into
Timescale & Judging Process
01/09/18 - 07/09/18: the UKISUG team will select their top 50 photos, which will be submitted to the judging panel
08/09/18 – 21/09/18: Judging panel will select 12 winning entries and agree on the top 3 entries
22/09/18 – 30/09/18: The 12 winners will be notified, with the top 3 entry winners, invited to attend UKISUG Connect 2018.
12/11/18: All 12 winners will be announced at Conference Keynotes and Top 3 entries will be announced in winning order and prizes awarded
The promoter of this competition is UK & Ireland, SAP User Group, Lockheed Court, Preston Farm, Stockton on Tees, TS18 3SH
2 May 2018